Due to pressures from many fronts (school, GRE, grad school applications, honours thesis, lab works, anxieties and stresses related to those mentioned and lack of time), I have accumulated a huge backlog of interesting journal articles on video games. so I’m least likely to be writing on a paper unless it’s necessary or it shows up in gamepolitics.com.
List of research that I want to write about that have appeared in gaming news:
- Playing video games can reduce your GPA says an economist.
- M-rated video games are best-sellers and critically-acclaimed.
- When a virtual viral epidemic is out of control, what would a population of gamers react?
- Columbine shooters should have kept playing their video games and not be unexpectedly deprived of it.
- Racism in a zombie-themed video game or simply a change of scenery from America to Africa?
- Relation of adolescent video game play to time spent in other activities.
- Factors correlated with violent video game use by adolescent boys and girls, where teenagers play m-rated games anyways, liked it and with friends.
- China and other Asian countries want you to play your true gender in your online game.
- Virtual drunk driving.